While accepting the award of working as a host in “Jeopardy!” Alex Trebek was received by the audience with standing ovulation and much enthusiasm. Seeing Alex happy, set the audience in a settled mood, despite him mentioning about his cancer.
Alex had announced in March that he is suffering from an advanced stage of pancreatic cancer, after the news went global, the only thing that Trebek was afraid of was that this news might get him sympathy votes for the trophy of best game show awards, he even mentioned this to his theatrical audience.
While receiving the award, Alex went on about how life-threatening clots had to be removed from his brain. “You think that would have elicited a certain amount of sympathy. But I didn’t win!” this got roars of laughter from the people around and it seemed like the audience was glad that his humor wasn’t lost, despite having the worst disease a person could imagine.
Trebek had been seen saying the most emotional things, his voice was laced with emotions despite him standing their poised in his tuxedo. “You guys like me, and you value my work. I tell you if that’s the case, I can live with that,” this quote got the whole crowd emotional and overwhelmed.
Some other events that took place were as following:
- Among the big winners, “General Hospital”, with a leading five trophies, included best lead actor honors for Maurice Benard.
- The top drama series award was won by “The Young and the Restless”, along with that, the writing and directing honors was also won by this drama series.
- Jacqueline MacInnes Wood of “The Bold and the Beautiful” won the award for top drama acting.
- The best entertainment talk show went to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
- The best entertainment show in the Spanish category went to “Six dreams.”
- The informative talk show award was received by “Rachael Ray” along with the best morning show award was given to “CBS Sunday morning”.
- Earning the honor for best Spanish-language program was done by “Despierta America”
- The award for the best culinary program went to “Valerie’s Home Cooking.” The best game show award went to “Family Feud.”
Trebek who now has seven Emmys wasn’t the only one that was honoured at the 46th ceremony of being the TV veteran. “Judge Judy,” and Chef Jacques Pepin were honoured with Lifetime awards.
It has been a terrific year for the long running quiz show, hosted by Alex Trebek. This show which had begun since 1984, had seen a whole year of highlights. Despite having a failing health, Trebek had seen everything though and faced the challenges. People still pray and hope that he has a happy and long life ahead.
The show circulated its first top pick group title, and it is amidst an amazing exhibition by competitor James Holzhauer, who has piled on more than $1.6 million in rewards.