Pizza is loved by everyone no matter who. It was originally a dish of Italians but with a passage of time, more and more people became a big fan of this dish.
The problem is, you can never get enough of it no matter how much of it you already had. Some of the Americans now don’t even feel bad about having it as breakfast. Homemade pizza recipes are now in trend due to different reasons. It lets you not only enjoy the great taste, but you can choose the flavors, ingredients and have your own pizza cost effectively.
Always troubled by kids eating too much from outside? You can now make their favorite dish at home and feed them healthy and delicious food.
It won’t be taking you any more than an hour and that is the typical time that you spend waiting for your pizza to arrive. Make it now cost-effective, healthy and as much as you want.
Here is one simple homemade pizza recipe that you would love and can enjoy at any time you like.
Do you know the best part of cooking your own pizza? You can always load it with a lot of cheese and make any exemptions that you want according to your flavor.
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2-pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Add dried yeast to water and let it sit for around 5 minutes. Add salt and oil to the water and mix it all together for 10 seconds. Start adding flour to the water and keep mixing while adding. Add one cup at a time and keep mixing thoroughly. Wait until it forms a soft dough form.
- Place this on a floured surface and start kneading it. After 3 minutes, place this dough in a greased bowl. Turn it once to grease the top or add some extra greasing on the top. Cover it and let it rise until it doubles in volume. It typically takes 45 minutes to do so.
- Start cooking beef and onion on low heat. Add any flavorings if you like or just let it cook until it is a little pink. Drain it afterward from any oil that you had used to do so.
- Combine tomato sauce, oregano, and basil in a separate bowl and mix them for a minute.
- Take out the dough when it is ready and punch it down. Divide it into two parts and start spreading it in a 12-inch pizza pan. Try not to make the crust too thin until you are a big fan of a thin crust pizza.
- Add tomato sauce mixture on both the pizzas and spread evenly. Try not to ignore the edges as they otherwise will be ignored after they have been served. Add extra sauce if you really like the flavoring of it.
- Top it with the beef mixture, green pepper, and cheese. You can of course through some other toppings on it too because of guess why? This is your own pizza. Try not to overdo the toppings a lot as this might result in some uncooked parts in the middle of it.
- Try decorating the pizza so not only you but the kids would love eating it too. And if you like, let your kids decorate it themselves and make the most perfect pizza.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the crust is not slightly brown.
- Set the table in the meanwhile or make some refreshing drinks with the meal instead of using the cold drinks from the market.