Sash windows are not a new trend in town as they have been here for a long time and there is no way there are going anywhere else. But it certainly does not mean that they have been in around because of the architectural or aesthetic reasons as we have seen that these sash windows have been installed in the house for almost hundred years and are still in excellent working condition. Although your sash windows are in excellent condition and are causing no issues even, they have reached their age and may require repair. People at once get confused and rush to the market to purchase the replacement windows which cost them more. In this blog, we will point some of the sash windows repair options available for the customers.
Reasons for getting sash windows repair services
- One of the primary reasons that the household owners choose the replacement option is because they have gotten old and are unable to sustain the heat properly that the modern UPVC double glazed windows hold. This makes it a sensible thing to do. But it is essential that you should explore various other reasons before making the final decision. In repairing the professionals will seal the frame and if it proves to be successful then you will see a dramatic change in heat retention. It will reduce your heating bills and prove to be a lot cheaper than replacing your windows. Hence, it proved to be an incredible alternative.
- The second reason individuals opt for replacing the windows is the damage done to them. The damages occur over the years due to rain, ice, snow and other harsh weather conditions. But you should ask for replacing quotes if it is necessary. Also, the other advantage of having a sash window is you can ask the carpenter to do the repair work. Few of the carpenters are comfortable working on UPVC, not all of them.
- Sash windows repair will include the replacing of the existing single-glazing with the double or triple one. It will not only provide good insulation in the property but will block the noise as well. This option is worth considering then replacing it.
- Repairing of the sash windows also include the insertion of various types of glass like acoustic, security or toughened glass. These varieties of glazing options perform detailed specific functions. And can make a huge difference between your old windows and purchasing the new ones.
- Moreover, you can also think about other options that will help in reducing the heat than the repairing one. Alternatively, you can hang heavy drapes or fitting of good blinds will also help in reducing your energy bills. It will require several steps to achieve this process but it will be well worth the effort than replacing it and bearing huge expenses.
The concept of sash windows repair and replacement are not new. The sash windows that have been in existence for years have undergone repairing process several times during their lifespan. It proves that you can satisfactorily restore your existing windows without facing the hassle of replacing them.
Ashmore Decorators provides exceptional sash window repairing services at competitive market prices. So if you are seeking a company who can assist you with this process then contact them immediately.